EquiPings are a BETA award winning product to safely tie your horse in the yard, stable, field, horsebox, trailer or anywhere! They’re designed to release immediately in the event that your horse panics or gets caught. They will release more easily than the conventionally used baler twine, and can also be immediately re-fastened without fumbling around for a new scrappy piece of string!
Developed by professional horse people in Newmarket!
Use an EquiPing wherever you might need to tie your horse for the ultimate in safety and convenience.
3DE WEG Medalist Clayton Fredericks told us:
* We recommend the Equi-Ping is attached to a metal tethering ring which is securely fastened to something sturdy and strong.
* The Equi-Ping now comes with a security sleeve that slides over the mechanism (there are two small bump stops that hold the sleeve in place). When using the Equi-Ping for the first time we suggest you push only 2 of the arrowheads into the mechanism and slide the sleeve over. You can always adjust it to have 3 or 4 of the arrowheads pushed into place if you need more tension before it pings.
* The leadrope can be easily pulled through the Equi-Ping and tied with a quick release knot.
* If the horse should spook or panic for any reason approximately 80 kilos worth of pressure will open the unique mechanism helping to alleviate the horse’s fear of being restricted, which if allowed to continue can cause injury to the horse or equipment.
* The Equi-Ping once opened can simply be re-attached to the tethering ring and the mechanism pushed back together for re-use with the security sleeve.
* It is not recommended that a horse should be tied up directly by a bridle, bit or reins.
* It is not recommended to leave a horse unattended for a significant length of time whilst tied up.
* Where possible always tie your horse in a safe environment away from potential hazards that could harm it.